Hibernia Atlantic is a privately held Trans-Atlantic submarine cable network operator that provides "Security through Diversity" to European and US customers. Encom has installed IP surveillance and access control systems in their major centres of Dublin, South Port, Halifax and Lynn (near Boston).
Customer requirement from IP Surveillance solution:
Hibernia required a centrally managed IP based network security system to integrate security and access control for 20 diverse sites, 16 in Ireland, 2 in UK and 2 in USA. With its head office based in Ireland, all cameras and access control is managed from the Network Operations Centre in Clonshaugh, Dublin using Milestone Video Management Software, perfectly suited to this divers business.
- The system used the existing traditional analogue cameras and new Axis IP Cameras integrating them into a modern, scalable and efficient IP Network based system.
- There are over 220 Axis Network Cameras installed over the various sites with a mix of external PTZ full function, fixed domes and internal mini domes.
- Milestone Software is used for viewing and recording and storing the video footage.
- A Paxton based Access Control and door automation system is installed and maintained, operating across 13 of the sites and managed from the Network Operations Centre in Dublin.
- Automation and Video Technology allow the client to manage access and security on named and unnamed remote sites from the NOC in Dublin.
- The system is easy to upgrade and make additions to as further sites are integrated into the security system.
- Milestone VMS and Axis Cameras provided the quality and reliability necessary for a business critical operation spread across two continents.