How It Works
- AXIS 3D People Counter Kit combines counting software with a ceiling-mounted AXIS P8804 Stereo Sensor Kit and is specially designed for accuracy in challenging situations such as high flow traffic, strong lights, glares and shadows.
- The solution allows the stereo sensor kit to be mounted in passageways from as low as 2.4 m to 4 m (7.9 to 13 ft) from the ground, with a coverage of between 1.7 m to 2.5 m (5.6 ft to 8.2 ft).
- AXIS 3D People Counter saves data directly on each camera for up to 90 days. The software provides only numeric counts. No image or video is stored. Its open protocol allows the people counting data to be integrated into 'Point of Sale' or other systems.
AXIS 3D People Counter is a cost-efficient and scalable video analytics application for people counting. It gives you critical data to optimise marketing or improve resource planning in retail stores, banks, stations and many other business and industry sectors.
With AXIS 3D People Counter you will know how many people visit your stores or business everyday and how many make a purchase. It automatically counts in real time the number of people passing under a stereo camera and in which direction.
Precise and reliable
- Precise and reliable 3D people counting
- Optimal for high-flow traffic
- Optimal for environments with strong light and shadows
- Optimizes marketing efforts
- Improves staff and store planning
When integrated with a PoS (Point of Sale) system, AXIS 3D People Counter can collect valuable information about conversion rates, providing your store with reliable data to base business critical decisions on. Information about store traffic can help you:
- analyze customer flows and traffic trends;
- evaluate impact of advertising and promotions;
- improve staff planning and determine optimal opening hours, so you can deliver excellent
- customer service and optimize employee costs;
- assess the impact of weather on customer visits;
- identify and reward high performing stores and employees.
Integration and data access
AXIS 3D People Counter saves data directly on each camera for up to 90 days. The software provides only numeric counts. No image or video is stored. Its open protocol allows the people counting data to be integrated into PoS or other systems. Users can access the data in four ways:
- By using a standard web browser to access the camera’s web interface, which provides live views and graphical representations of the statistics. In such a case, there is no need for an on-site server or any other hardware.
- Through an open HTTP API in the camera, whereby you can extract real-time static raw data, as well as data for specified time periods, and in various formats; for example, JSON, XML and CSV.
- By using AXIS Store Reporter, which is a web-based service that gathers statistical data from various sources of Axis retail analytics applications and presents the data and graphical representations in one interface. Ideal for use in multi-site and multi-camera installations.
- Through AXIS Store Data Manager, a locally run software program for easy integration of data into third-party business intelligence applications.
AXIS 3D People Counter