AXIS Direction Detector offers an easy and cost-effective solution for minimizing losses due to theft. It detects people moving in the wrong direction and can notify them immediately via an audio message, an alarm or a blinker.
- Real-time direction detection
- Wrong-way notification
- Loss prevention
- Based on proven technology
Reliable and proven
AXIS Direction Detector is an automated system that runs embedded in a ceiling-mounted network camera. It registers the number of people passing by and in what direction. The software essentially turns the camera into a highly advanced sensor.
The program can be configured to:
- automatically respond by closing an entrance door or gate.
- notifying security personnel via email or SMS.
- initiating video recording.
- reduce the need for extra physical barriers or for staff to stand at entrances.
AXIS Direction Detector is built on advanced and proven algorithms from Cognimatics, whose programs have led in retail analytics for more than a decade. Offering high-speed execution and low memory requirements, the software has been installed in thousands of cameras worldwide.
Integration and data access
AXIS Direction Detector saves data directly on each camera for up to 90 days. Its open protocol allows the data to be integrated into other systems. Users can access the data in the following ways:
- By using a standard web browser to access the camera’s web interface, which provides live views and graphical representations of the statistics. In such a case, there is no need for an on-site server or any other hardware.
- Through an open HTTP API in the camera, whereby you can extract real-time static raw data, as well as data for specified time periods, in various formats; for example, JSON, XML and CSV.
- By using AXIS Store Reporter, which is a web-based service that gathers statistical data from various sources of Axis retail analytics applications and presents the data and graphical representations in one interface. Ideal for use in multi-site and multi-camera installations.
- Through AXIS Store Data Manager, a locally run software program for easy integration of data into third-party business intelligence applications.
AXIS Direction Detector Data Sheet