AXIS Queue Monitor
AXIS Queue Monitor
Optimize your store's performance: Long queues affect a customer’s in-store experience and can hurt sales as frustrated shoppers forgo a purchase or decide not to return. AXIS Queue Monitor addresses this issue by measuring and analyzing queues so that you can better match store personnel with customer traffic and open a new till when required to decrease waiting times and improve customer satisfaction.
- Monitors queues in real time
- Provides analysis of queuing data
- Prompts action when queue thresholds are passed
- Helps increase customer satisfaction
- Based on proven technology
AXIS Queue Monitor runs embedded in a network camera, and the solution can be installed at checkouts, ticketing booths and hot spots.
The software is compatible with all Axis cameras with support for AXIS Camera Application Platform. However, there are certain camera models that are better suited for certain environments and installation scenarios.
AXIS Queue Monitor allows you to configure up to three different interest regions per camera. So the more of a location a camera can view, the more you will be able to get out of the application. In most cases, a camera with a wide field of view (e.g., more than 100° horizontal field of view) will allow you to get the most out of your setup. They include 360° cameras in AXIS M30 Series, which are ideal for full coverage of small stores.
Furthermore, selected Axis cameras can function as both a queue monitor and a surveillance camera that is connected to a separate video management software.
How long is that queue?
AXIS Queue Monitor provides statistics about queue duration and queue fluctuations for a store over the course of the day. Statistics on average queue lengths can help you determine how many staff members you should have on certain days and at certain times, leading to better planning and more cost-effective staffing. You can also set the queue thresholds to prompt the opening of a new cash register when the number of people in a line-up exceeds the limit.
AXIS Queue Monitor allows you to define interest areas and this can be applied to other areas of a store, such as at a hot spot, to collect data on the approximate number of people at the location at any given time. The information can be used to facilitate A or B testing of promotions – on digital advertising screens or at end caps, for example. You can use the program to measure campaigns and analyze traffic patterns over time.
You can count on it
AXIS Queue Monitor is an automated system that provides reliable, actionable insights in real time. When installed across different stores, it allows you to compare store locations and improve staff planning. The software is built on advanced and proven algorithms from Cognimatics, whose programs have led in retail analytics for more than a decade. Offering high-speed execution and low memory requirements, AXIS Queue Monitor has been installed in thousands of cameras worldwide.
Integration and data access
AXIS Queue Monitor saves data directly on each camera for up to 90 days. Its open protocol allows the queuing data to be integrated into other systems. Users can access the data in four ways:
- By using a standard web browser to access the camera’s web interface, which provides live views and graphical representations of the statistics. In such a case, there is no need for an on-site server or any other hardware.
- Through an open HTTP API in the camera, whereby you can extract real-time static raw data, as well as data for specified time periods, and in various formats; for example, JSON, XML and CSV.
- By using AXIS Store Reporter, which is a web-based service that gathers statistical data from various sources of Axis retail analytics applications and presents the data and graphical representations in one interface. Ideal for use in multi-site and multi-camera installations.
- Through AXIS Store Data Manager, a locally run software program for easy integration of data into third-party business intelligence applications.